- Um okkur
The Shanghai Chair features a steam bent solid ash wood frame and a seat of handwoven paper cord, french rattan or upholstery. The back and the armrest play a central role in the chair’s construction, giving it an iconic shape and firm support. The beauty of the ash wood is an integral part of this chair’s expression, creating a piece of furniture from a simple structure and minimal detailing, uniting Asian and Scandinavian furniture design.
This product is available in more variations. Contact us for requests.
- Distinctively modern take on the Yuan Dynasty’s Horseshoe chair
- Made from ash for added strength
- Simple structure and natural expression
- 150 meters of paper cord handweaved for at least 2-3 hours
- Available as well with french rattan or various upholsteries
- L1 certified
- Made in Latvia
- Rune Krøjgaard and Knut Bendik Humlevik, 2011
Made to order:
- 4-6 weeks
Width: 58,5 cm
Depth: 57,5 cm
Height: 79,5 cm
Seat height: 45 cm
Armrest height: 65 cm
FSC certified ash with handwoven paper cord seat.
NORR11's entire range of wooden furniture is produced with water-based lacquer. Using water-based lacquers instead of standard lacquers reduces the emission of harmful substances significantly, improving indoor and external climates while making for better working conditions in the production phase.