- Nomad Chair is a Nordic interpretation of the traditional Moroccan wicker chair. The name is a contradiction between “Nordic” and “Moroccan”, to the characteristic “Nomad”. The large seat and back are made of two molded bamboo frames with inlaid natural French rattan by skilled wicker workers. The back leg runs all the way from floor to top of the back in one piece supporting the iconic shape. The semi-transparent French rattan gives the large surface a light expression and highlights the beautiful construction.
- Made of sustainable bamboo and rattan
- Bamboo can grow more than 90 cm a day
- Comes in natural or black stained bamboo
- The cushion comes in cognac or black aniline leather and the neck pillow has - 3 different height settings, adjusted with brass knobs
- Through a close cooperation with suppliers, many experiments have been done in order to develop the Nomads large seat and back frames
- Made in China
- Kristian Sofus Hansen and Tommy Hyldahl, 2018
- 1-2 weeks
Width: 100 cm
Depth: 77 cm
Height: 110 cm
Seat height: 39 cm
Bamboo with natural french rattan. Cushions of aniline leather.
This product is meticulously handmade by talented artisans one piece at a time. It is therefore challenging, if not impossible, to make identical items. Any natural blemishes or irregularities should not be misconstrued as flaws. These are what make each handmade piece unique.